The successful candidate will undertake a hands-on and strategic leadership position to drive and grow a clustered portfolio of non-clinical, ancillary services such as Housekeeping / Environmental Services, Portering, Healthcare Attendant and Visitor Management services in the Healthcare sector (The exact portfolio will depend on the experience and qualities of the selected candidate)
- Full P&L accountability to achieve financial targets for the cluster of accounts, including effective cost optimisation and expansion of new business to grow revenue
- Lead the team to manage all accounts within the cluster in line with contractual deliverables and KPIs and exceed service levels
- Drive results through innovation, process re-engineering, systems review and leveraging on technology for productivity gains in a results-oriented environment
- Manage a large team of direct and indirect reports and ensure smooth delivery of services that meet and exceed the expectations and standards of the clients
- Establish and build up good rapport with clients and to understand their needs and implement viable operational solutions. Be the key person as the HQ senior representative to engage clients on various operational and contractual issues
- Inspire, motivate and drive the entire team to achieve the end results in existing and new accounts, keeping in mind the clients’ required KPIs
- Drive the formulation of new and existing Standard Operating Procedures, thorough review and implementation of strategies and processes to support the organisation’s business goals.
- Develop best practices, drive continuous improvement to a higher level of performance and develop sound and sustainable business and operational strategies in line with the organisation’s growth
- Ensure that the accounts are operated in line with Occupational, Safety & Health policies and practices to achieve zero accidents
- Champion the recruitment of staff and retention of staff
- Lead and drive the entire mobilisation of any new start-ups and ensure successful mobilisation by working with the various stakeholders, including HR, Technology, Training & Service Quality, Procurement and Finance to ensure all resources are in order for meeting the contractual deliverables
To succeed in this key role, candidates must possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Highly-driven, passionate and results-oriented business senior leader, with a degree in any of the following relevant fields: Operations Management, Business Administration, Hospitality, Engineering, Building / Estate Management
- At least 15 years of business and operational experience in the Service, Facilities Management or Healthcare Industry, with more than 5 years’ experience in a Senior Management role
- Proven track record in achieving desired financial targets, operational excellence and leading a large team of at least 300 staff.
- Focused, self-motivated, positive and possess a “can-do” attitude, especially when persevering in challenging times
- Strong leadership and organisational skills to chart the growth vision and direction, build alignment and champion the execution
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage with different profile of clients, all levels of employees and the Senior Management team within the organisation. Able to effectively mentor and coach employees and confidently deliver presentations to clients and internal stakeholders when required.
- Business savvy and entrepreneurial in delivering targeted financial results and seeking new business opportunities to grow the revenue for the organization
- Possess a collaborative mind-set to work towards win-win solutions with stakeholders in a transparent manner with a strong team focus
- Able to cultivate positive working relationships with all levels of people to achieve business goals through strong interpersonal skills and high EQ
- Able to manage highly complex and challenging business issues and mitigate associated risks
- Sound, strategic and creative thinker and problem-solver who is able to develop holistic and creative alternative solutions to today’s changing environment.
- Strong numerical and data analysis skills; able to analyse and synthesise complex data and translate the information to operational excellence
- Meticulous and proficient in delivering the highest standard of work in terms of reports, presentations and other submission to clients and senior management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively while remaining proactive and flexible in style
- Adopt a big-picture perspective yet able to be hands-on and detailed-oriented when the situation calls for it without losing sight of macro issues
- Demonstrated track record in developing high-performance cultures through thought leadership, especially in the service industry, and effective in building a sustainable talent pipeline for succession planning
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace and rapid growth environment
The Company is an Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) company with more than 2,000 employees, providing healthcare support services and property & facilities management services to both public and private sectors in Singapore. The company has 2 core businesses in healthcare support and facilities management services.
Besides Singapore, the Group also has strong presence in Malaysia and Taiwan. Collectively, it has a total combined staff strength of more than 10,000 across Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan.